Contact Us:

Morrill Hall of Agriculture
446 W. Circle Dr. Room 310
East Lansing, MI 48824
(517) 432-1555

Record Keeping

Land Application Records - pamphlet (download here)

Keeping Records Now Makes Complying Less Painful
If you operate a large CAFO, you have almost a full year before your annual report is due to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality. But come April 1, 2009, you don’t want to have to rely on your memory. Read more.

Record all your spring manure applications as they go on the field. Large CAFOs: get to know that permit!

By Natalie Rector

While the rest of the state was singing Auld Lang Syne, large CAFO operators were wondering if the new year would challenge their record-keeping ability. Read entire article

Are CNMPS Worth the Hassle?
By Ben Darling
When we entered into the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) national pollutant discharge elimination system (NPDES) permit process for the MSU south campus farms, we went through the same emotions and struggles as everyone else when contemplating the task at hand. Read entire article

Visit the Department of Environement Quality’s Web site for more information related to CAFO permits.

Record Keeping Forms

For a free manure record keeping pocket notebook, email Natalie Rector at:  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Record Keeping Forms for Permitted Facilities